Book 3: “I Only Said” I couldn't cope
Suitable for ages 12 years and above
Adam blames himself for the death of the most important person in his life. He loses himself and all that maters to him as he is consumed by guilt.
- Suicide prevention
- Grief, despair and depression
- Rituals: the role of a funeral
- The child as care-giver
- A pathological need to please others
- Negative family dynamics
- Guilt, self-blame and forgiveness
- Defence mechanisms (projection)
- Adhering to negative life "decisions"
- Reckless behaviours related to feelings
- How shock impacts upon cognitive functioning
- Guided imagery to explain disassociation
- Cognitive development and the perception of reality
- Exploration of the concept of life after death
- Exploration of the concept of life before life
- Dr Kubler-Ross: The 'grieving process' (Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance)
- Consequences of negative rumination
- The role of memories in the 'grieving process'
- Accepting the unfathomable
- Finding peace